Thursday, January 28, 2010

To Dream or Not to Dream?

"I'm a Believer...not just a Dreamer. I'm giving everything I've got"- Mariah Carey "100%"

Ironically, this post is about dreams. As you can tell from the name of my blog, I am a STRONG believer in dreams. Now I'm not talking about the dreams you have while your sleeping; (although i enjoy those too lol) I'm talking about what YOU picture yourself doing in the future. Your aspirations. Thats the great thing about dreams, You can imagine yourself to be just about anything and living just about anywhere. But what few people fail to realize is that dreams just don't magically come true. It takes hard work and determination!  You have to be willing to PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE* I always thought that someone would just discover me and transform me into a supermodel. I always thought, "Hey if Chanel Iman and Tyra Banks can just be discovered on the street...Why can't I?"hahaha...boy was i WRONG! Modeling isn't one of my dreams but I always thought it would be fun. Truthfully, a part of me still kinda wants to be discovered. So, maybe I'll keep that dream going*

As for  now, my main focus is on achieving my dream of becoming a Broadcast Journalist. My Dream is to become an Entertainment Journalist and hopefully end up with my own tv show like Oprah, Tyra, and Wendy Williams. I look up to Wendy Williams and Oprah a lot, because they are both strong, intelligent, and successful African American women who have made a major name for themselves in the broadcast journalism field. They never gave up and ultimately landed their own tv shows! I hope to follow in their footsteps. I'm glad and very appreciative to have a very supportive family and friends...they keep me goin*

So PLEASSSSSE, dont EVERRR give up on your dreams! Believe me dreams can DEFINITELY come true 。◕‿◕。

Here are some words of Wisdom to keep you Dreamin...

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” -Gail Devers

"Dreams are like stars...you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny.”

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.” -Tom Bradley

“There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.” -Douglas H. Everett

“Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for the Comments Dreamers ♥