Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday

Hey everyone!

Today was a very enlightening and progressive day for me. I finished my second to last midterm today and I think I did really well. Also, I went to an event where a panel of African-American journalists came to speak to us about the "ins and outs" of the journalism field. It feels very inspiring to see people that look like me in successful journalism positions...it gives me great hope. You could clearly here the determination and glee in their voices as they talked about their careers and what it took for them to get there.
I can't wait to graduate and make my dreams a reality. I have a great support system and I'm very determined so there's NO way I'm giving up on my dream.

For those of you who plan on entering the journalism field, keep on writing! You can't expect to be a wallflower and get noticed by these companies. You can't be afraid to put yourself outhere. The world of journalism has changed greatly and they are strongly encouraging multimedia journalism. So if your a blogger, stick with it and perfect...make it yours! Join your school newspaper, radio/tv station, or hey create your own. EVERYTHING counts!

I want to encourage all of you dreamers out there to pursue your dreams. Anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself. I don't mean to sound cliche but its true. How do you expect others believe in you if you don't believe in yourself?
Stay True to Yourself!
I believe in you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for the Comments Dreamers ♥