Monday, April 26, 2010

And Just Like That....We were Done

This is just a note I wrote on facebook about my ex....enjoy*

I remember the first day you smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back. It might sound corny but there was something different about you (besides the obvious). You had a way of making me laugh like no one else could. The ability to change my whole mood just by hearing your voice. --I was in Love-- It felt surreal. We talked everyday constantly and never got bored. Our little arguments always turned into laughter. --You captured my heart-- I was in deep. You showered me with affection...bathed me with love. Nothing amounted to the joy i felt when i was with you. Your kiss gave me butterflies. Your touch made my body weak. I was under your spell. The day i said "I think I love you" was one of the scariest moments of my life.The moment of silence before you responded made my stomach drop. But im glad I did...
We invested 2 years and 2 months (but who's counting). And then it all came crashing down. I can honestly say I gave my all and I've never felt happier than when i was with you. But as these tears fall down my cheek and another tissue gets tossed in the trash...I'm slowly wiping away the memories. No more falling asleep on the phone and waking up to your phone; no more warm feelings of relief when you hold me in your arms; no more automatic speed dial to your number when life just seems unbearable. I lost my first true love...my very best friend.
How can i delete you from my phone....When i know your number by heart

How can i just for get about about your family....When they think of me as their own

How can i listen to the radio....When every song reminds me of you

How do i sleep at night....When i can't hear your voice before i close my eyes

HOW?
Well the tears are building up so this note must come to an end.

I guess I should keep myself busy so I won't think about you.

Maybe I should try to pick up all the pieces of my heart.....

2 comments:

  1. Break Ups suck. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother dating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl believe i have the same thought too...smh

    thank you for stopping by my blog*
    i hope you follow

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for the Comments Dreamers ♥