Thursday, April 8, 2010

Can You Really Be Friends With Your Ex??


This is a question that has been lingering in the minds of millions and for most, the question has been left unanswered.
Can I answer the question? Of course not, because everyone's situation is different. A lot of factors fall into place:
1) Duration of the relationship?
2) How deep the love was between you and your ex?
3) How willing both partners are to remain/ work on being friends?
4) Do you still have feelings for your ex?

The reason I'm writing this post is because I'm currently dealing with this problem. My ex and I decided we wanted to remain friends because during our 2year relationship we became best friend...and I mean who wants to lose their best friend? Our breakup is actually really fresh, but we wanted to remain friends. The change from lovers to friends can be heart breaking but sometimes it's best.
My factor Answers:
1) 2 crazy, fun-filled, rollercoaster of emotion years
2) I can honestly say my ex was my first love. I've never felt a love soooo deep.
3) I would say I'm more willing than my ex
4) Because our breakup is so fresh, yea of course feelings are still there.

Lately, it seems like being friends just isn't a possibility. We've been fighting and some pretty hurtful words were exchanged. But I'm gonna keep on trying until we get it right, because if someone is that important to you then you' do ANYTHING to keep them in your life! That's exactly how I feel.
So...I'll keep you upated on the progress.
Hopefully it all works out for the best.
Do you dreamers have any similar stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for the Comments Dreamers ♥